- Serves: 7 people
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Heat a large pot and place the chicken skin side down inside and fry until fat starts to render and break down.
- Remove the chicken after browing each side evenly.
- Add the onions and whole spices into the pan and cook the until onions are translucent, add the spices and toast for 15 minutes on low.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and cook through until browned, add the chicken and toss for 10 minutes before adding the washed rice.
- Add 5 cups of boiling water and cover the rice and cook it until all water has evaporated and rice has cooked through.
You may also like