- Serves: 6 people
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan on a medium heat, add the bacon and cook until ‘crispy but not crunchy' .
- After 10 minutes, add chopped onions and the garlic and cook, stirring, until well-colored but not burnt.
- Add the cream to the garlicky bacon mix and cook until sauce has come to the boil and lower the heat and allow it to simmer.
- Grind in plenty of black pepper and set the mixture aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Scoop out a small cupful of the pasta cooking water and add into your sauce then drain the pasta thoroughly.
- Tip the spaghetti into a serving dish and add your sauce. Toss vigorously, making sure that it is well coated with the cream sauce.
- Sprinkle over the parsley. Toss again, and finish off with a light grating of nutmeg, if using, more black pepper and a little more parsley.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like