- Beat egg yolks in medium bowl; gradually stir in milk until mixed evenly.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in a small amount of milk-egg mixture, making a smooth paste.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk mixture until evenly mixed.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir for 1 minute and remove from heat immediately.
- Refrigirate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
You may also like