- Mix the yeast, a pinch of sugar, a pinch of plain flour and the ¼ cup of warm water. Leave the yeast to rise
- Knead the flour, sugar, cinnamon, desiccated coconut warm water and yeast mixture to form a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest in a warm place until double in size.
- Divide dough into 6 balls and cut them into quarters
- Heat 5 cups of oil for deep frying pan on medium heat. You want the oil hot enough when you start frying the dough
- Roll each quarter into a ball and fry
- If the oil is hot enough the dough will quickly float to the top and puff up
- Cook the dough until its browned and turn, coat with icing sugar and serve.
You may also like