- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
The trick to ensuring every part of the chicken is cooked to perfection, is covering with foil which allows it to steam.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt, both outside and inside.
- In a mortar in pestle pound the herbs until slightly smooth, mix in the garlic paste and ginger, add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- take half of the liquid solution and use it to marinate the sliced onions, stuff the onions on the inside of the chicken cavity and block with the squeezed lemon halves.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray, Pour the other half over the chicken and massage into it, cover the chicken and bake it.
- Bake it for 45 minutes, remove from oven and remove the foil and drain half the liquid in the container, return the chicken into the oven and bake it for another 25 minutes to brown
- Serve hot.
You may also like