- Serves: 4 people
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- In a large pot melt your butter together with 2 tablespoons of oil, cook your onions until slightly transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook for 15 minutes, add lemon zest and cook down for 2 minutes.
- Add washed rice with the lemon juice and cook further for 15 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water of hot water, and allow the rice to cook until the water has evaporated .
- Add your assorted veg and allow to steam through with a covered lid until you are ready to serve.
- Serve hot.
You may also like