- FOR THE PASTRY
- Start by making the pie weights by spreading out clingfilm and adding about 3 tablespoons of rice and rolling them into balls, these are called pie weights.
- Roll out your pastry and using a bowl cut the pastry into circles that are large enough to fit into a cup cake tray.
- Line a cup cake tray with butter and shape the puff pastry circle into cupcake mold.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Before baking add the pie weights and allow to bake 180 degrees until evenly browned.
- FOR THE LEMON CURD
- Whisk lemon juice, zest, sugar and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until steaming hot and sugar is dissolved.
- Tamper the eggs by pouring half the lemon and sugar solution into them and whisk thoroughly
- Add the egg and lemon mix slowly whisking frequently into the sauce pot on medium heat.
- Once added slowly incorporate the cold butter slowly until smooth and thickened take off the heat, and allow to cool.
- Pour lemon curd into puff pastry cups and sprinkle icing sugar over before you serve.
You may also like