- Serves: 3 people
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- In a large pot heat 3 tablespoons of sesame oil,2 tablespoons of corn oil, add the cardamom pods and the nuts and allow to brown lightly.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add your chicken skin side down and fry until browned on both sides, take out and allow to rest.
- Add your onions and cook down until slightly browned, add your chicken cubes, garlic and ginger paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and lower the heat and toast for 8 minutes, add your tomatoes and stir evenly then cover.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes .
- Once a saucy texture is achieved, add your rice and chicken and cover with 2 and 1/2 cups of boiling water.
- Allow the rice to cook fully, just before serving return the cardamon and toasted nuts with 1/4 bunch of chopped coriander and mix into the rice.
- Serve immediatley.
You may also like