- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 1 hour
A classic staple in every Kenyan home, this simple, all-inclusive meal is a superb mixture of rice, protein and vegetables that you can cook even at your most tired.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil, add onions and fry for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the tomato and fry further until cooked and soft, add the assorted vegetables and 2 pinches of salt.
- Shortly after add the garden peas and the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- add the washed rice and stir evenly before adding the butternut.
- Add the water, check seasoning and cover to cook for 30 min.
- Allow rice to cook through and serve hot with avocado or spicy kachumbari.
You may also like